Focus and Scope
The East African Journal of Sciences (EAJS) publishes original scientific papers and disseminates scientific and technological information to the users in Eastern Africa and elsewhere in the world. It also enhances exchange of ideas among scientists engaged in research and development activities and accepts papers from anywhere else in the world. The Journal publishes research papers in the fields of agricultural sciences, natural sciences, environmental sciences, social sciences, health and medical sciences, veterinary sciences, and other related disciplines. It also publishes review articles, short communications, and registry of newly released crop varieties.
Peer Review Process
The East African Journal of Sciences (EAJS) maintains a high standard of publication quality through a double-blind peer review process, in which identities of author(s) are not disclosed to reviewers and identities of reviewers are also not disclosed to author(s). All research articles published in EAJS are subjected to a full double-blind peer review process as indicated below:
• All research articles are reviewed by at least two suitably qualified experts.
• Decisions are made by the journal’s Editorial Board on the basis of reviewers' and editors’ comments.
• International members of the Editorial Board of the journal lend insights, advice and guidance to the other Editorial Board members of the journal.
• The Editorial Manager and Assistant Manager provide administrative supports and facilitate communications between editors, authors, and reviewers. This allows EAJS to maintain the integrity of the peer review process and ensures a rapid turnaround with a maximum efficiency.
• The Editorial Board of EAJS will decide promptly whether to accept, reject, or request revisions of referred papers based on the reviews and editorial insight of the journal.
• Authors will be advised to incorporate all the comments made by the reviewers and editors.
EAJS is published twice a year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content, upon registration, on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
East African Journal of Sciences by Haramaya University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://haramayajournals.org/index.php/ej.
This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon the work as long as they credit for the original creation.
<a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/"><img alt="Creative Commons License" style="border-width:0" src="https://i.creativecommons.org/l/by/4.0/88x31.png" /></a><br /><span xmlns:dct="http://purl.org/dc/terms/" property="dct:title">East African Journal of Sciences</span> by <a xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" href="https://haramayajournals.org/index.php/ej" property="cc:attributionName" rel="cc:attributionURL">Haramaya University</a> is licensed under a <a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/">Creative Commons Attribution NonCommericial 4.0 International License</a>.<br />Based on a work at <a xmlns:dct="http://purl.org/dc/terms/" href="https://haramayajournals.org/index.php/ej" rel="dct:source">https://haramayajournals.org/index.php/ej</a>.
The East African Journal of Sciences is generously sponsored by:
East African Journal of Sciences was started in 2007 by Haramaya University to enhance exchange of ideas among scientists engaged in research and development activities.